We asked our friends at Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company to guest blog for us this week on a topic many of us need right about now, especially with summer approaching: cleaning our jewelry. After all, we want our jewels to sparkle in the sun, right? Here are some tips from Jewelers Mutual.
- DO read the labels on jewelry cleaning supplies. Some chemicals can be damaging to certain metals and gemstones.
- DON’T clean your jewelry with toothpaste. The abrasives in toothpaste can scratch your stones and bands.
- DON’T clean your jewelry over the sink or anywhere there is an open drain.
- DO use warm water, mild dish soap and a soft bristle toothbrush to get in hard to reach areas.
- DO visit your jeweler at least once a year for a professional cleaning and inspection to restore the brilliance of your jewelry and ensure that it’s in good condition.
The only thing better than knowing your jewelry sparkles is to know it’s protected!
Make sure your jewelry is safe no matter the season by protecting it with Jewelers Mutual’s Perfect Circle® Jewelry Insurance coverage. Have peace of mind in knowing that your jewelry is covered against loss, theft, damaged and mysterious disappearance (or unexplained loss) wherever you go, worldwide.
For more information on insurance for your jewelry, to get a free quote or apply, visit PerfectCircleInsurance.com or call a licensed agent at 888-884-2424.